This spring, Village Capital started Crisis and Innovation, a blog series profiling innovative startups in our network responding to challenges created and exacerbated by the pandemic.
As the pandemic continues, entrepreneurs’ ingenuity is needed more than ever. Get to know companies at the forefront of building solutions to shape better health and economic outcomes:
- Kaoun is helping democratize access to financial and remote ID services in Tunisia
- Rimidi is helping limit the spread of coronavirus in emergency rooms
- Edquity is providing emergency financial support to college students
- Worthy Financial offers a better bet than Wall Street during a volatile economy
- Sevamob is opening pop-up health clinics in rural India
- ePesos is helping Mexican workers get an advance on their paychecks
- Complete Farmer is empowering smallholder farmers to feed the food insecure
- ZAKA is helping people get back to work safely
Is your startup responding to COVID-19?
Village Capital and Sorenson Impact Foundation launched the COVID-19 Investor Coalition on Abaca to help route capital to startups addressing these enormous challenges.
Entrepreneurs: If your startup is involved in efforts to address the issues exposed by COVID-19, join our COVID-19 Response Pipeline and get your solution in front of a growing coalition of investors actively looking for deals in this space. Learn more and share your COVID-19 solution.
Investors: Now is not the time to hit pause. Investment is needed to build a more resilient, healthy, fair future. As part of our COVID-19 Coalition, you’ll receive updated startup recommendations based on your interests, helping to streamline the funding process. Learn more and join.